Custom Search

October 29, 2006

What does Broken Box mean?

It's kind of funny actually, because while I was on the site forum for Cafepress, and I found another broken box, quite by accident. I checked out their page, and I have no clue what it means to them. Seeing as they appeared much better established to date, I guess I cannot take credit for knowing what it really means, I suppose they have first dibs.

But, in my own little mind, I found it as I do most of my ideas, by accident on my part. Usually, as you might guess with me, these ideas involve some type of imagery. Picture a box, a crate really, that has been demolished. Only two sides still stand, connected to the bottom side, and the rest lies splintered around this monument. Your Ideas are what were in the box. Your philosophies, your ethics, your God, etc. And they are in need of change. That is really what life is about to my knowledge. Changing to have a better worldview, and then living by it. What worldview do you actually live by? Is it the same one you proclaim? This is truly rare. So the box needs to be broken in some way for any one of us. Whether its expanding or adjusting our views or living closer to what we find logical, the box must be broken, so growth can occur.

"...no finite point has any meaning unless it has an infinite reference point." - Francis Schaeffer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally identify with you on the whole worldviews point. We should definitely talk about it sometime. For some reason, nothing is as simple as it used to be back at Calvary-don't you think?

Murdering Muses said...

I totally agree with you. I wish I had made better use of my assets there. Honestly, since coming here I have seen and heard some of the exact same arguements from the exact same sources, and I value them so much more this time around.