Custom Search

February 28, 2008

I see that no one seems to have any answers for my regarding music, but it just so happens that I stumbled upon a site myself. While it doesn't solve the bigger issue of a lack of Christian music, I found a site which is probably familiar to a lot of people, which I had never been to. The site is called rcrdlbl.com, (recordlabel.com - vowels= rcrdlbl.com) which hosts pages for bands that are actually good. Think myspace music or purevolume, but only containing bands that actually have fans. Apparently the site must actually have a relationship of some sort with the band on its pages, because they are all bands that apparently have followings, of a variety of styles, most with downloadable tracks. This is the place to go if your looking for new bands that people haven't heard of. Just don't be like the millions of fans who claim that their bands have "sold out" when they become popular and everyone you know likes them too.

You know who you are.

Act like you have great musical taste, and then get mad at the fact that everyone likes that band.

You didn't discover them.

No comments: