Custom Search

November 28, 2008

A Fashion Update.


Ok, I really creeped myself out writing that. I'll try to stop that kind of stuff.

Here's a quick update on those razors. If your an avid straight razoree, please forgive the bluntness of my naivete.

S
o I got my razors, and 3 of the 6 were in pretty decent condition. One has a broken hinge, another is almost rusted through on the blade edge, and another has a very loose hinge. The one with the loose hinge is actually the one which seems to be in the best of condition as far as how new and clean it looks, so I'm thinking I will still try to use it since I don't foresee any disasters taking place on account of a loose hinge pin.

A few days after the blades arrived, I received another package holding shaving soaps, a strop, and a hone. At this point I was able to start bringing the razor blades up to speed sharpness-wise. I don't know what I was expecting, but I definitely didn't have to do as much work as I thought I would, but at the same time the blades didn't seem as sharp as I would have thought. The only way I knew how to do anything is thanks to youtube videos, which told me my
blades were ready even when I wouldn't have assumed such. But they have worked, and they have worked well.

So this brings up an obvious discrepancy. Its November. No-Shave November. So I cheated. But common, it was my birthday, and I started No-Shave a little early anyway, so it had been a month. Please forgive me. I have used two of the blades, and I have had no Sweeney Todd type accidents befall me. I know it sounds dangerous, but I'm actually surprised at how careless I can be with these blades. I have barely even nicked myself enough to see any red. So things are going great there, but I am faced with a harsh reality. I love growing facial hair. But now I love straight razor shaving. This can only mean more stress for myself in the future.


On another note, I did something that most would be ashamed to admit. I clicked a facebook ad. What can I say, it was about tailored suits! But seriously, this is no regular "check out our wares" type of company! They have a treasure chest of amazing men's clothing information, and a library even! So please, if you have any interest in dressing nicely and being a man, check this out!

A Tailored Suit

Their Blog

1 comment:

Pedro said...

They aren't the only kid on the block though. We are also a online tailoring house that has been making custom garments for the last two years, and also have a facebook page. We can be found at www.asuitthatfits.com.