Custom Search

November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I read today a message for a great friend who is a missionary to Ireland. In his Thanksgiving greetings he discussed how they miss their family but also feel so truly blessed in their current circumstances.

Being away this year myself, I won't get to see family whom I've missed out on for at least 6 months or so. It is interesting to me to think about the fact that those who are willing to take big leaps of faith for God are always put in this position. God does not take the faithful out of a place of discomfort to use them. He takes them from their homes, their families, and their comfortable surroundings, and He takes them somewhere that seems by far a downgrade in physical or emotional standards. But this is no discouragement for the Children of the Burning Heart. The true discouragement for these ones would be in resounding discord created in the deepest relationship of their existence. So within this truth lies the fact, that the greatest of blessings in all of human existence is to commune with God and live within the confines of His glory.

Those of us who live away from home for the right reasons must come to the conclusion that the ones we miss on Thanksgiving are far away simply because God's blessing can't all exist collinear in our lives. While we give thanks for the people God has blessed us with, we thank Him all the more for putting us in a place away from them, and all the closer to Him.

For those missing holidays with close ones because of larger purposes lived for, I love and miss my family as you all do and I thank God for them and all the more greatly for putting me in His will, which is the greatest of blessings! Thank you for your commitment to God!

No comments: